Monday, May 28, 2018

Great quotation of the master filmmakers_BD Films Info

 It is the power of memory that gives rise to the power of imagination.___ Akira Kurosawa (1910-1998)    Cinema's characteristics forte is its ability to capture and communicate the intimacies of the human mind.___ Satyajit Ray (1921-1992)   Tagore once said art has to be beautiful. But before that, it has to be truthful.___ Ritwik Ghatak (1925-1976)   Civilization never dies, it may change, but it is eternal. Where the paddy field is born on the dry river bed of Titas, there begins another civilization.___ Ritwik Ghatak (1925-1976)   The wide screen reminds me of a roll of toilet paper.___ Yasujiro Ozu (1903-1963)   My movie is born first in my head, dies on paper; is resuscitated by the living persons and real objects I use, which are killed on film but placed in a certain order and projected on to a screen, come to life again like flowers in water.___ Robert Bresson (1901-1999)    Unlike all the other art forms, film is able to seize and render the passage of time, to stop it, almost to process it in infinity, I'd say that film is the sculpting of time.___ Andrei Tarkovsky (1932-1986)   I am living permanently in my dream, from which I make brief forays into reality.___Ingmar Bergman (1918-2007)   No form of art goes beyond ordinary consciousness as film does, straight to our emotions, deep into the twilight room of the soul.___ Ingmar Bergman (1918-2007)    I don't like the idea of 'Understanding' a film. I don't believe that rational understanding is an essential element in the reception of any work of art. Either a film has something to say to you or it hasn't. If you are moved by it, you don't need it explained to you. If, not, no explanation can make you moved by it.___ Federico Fellini (1920-1993)    I pity the French cinema because it has no money. I pity the American cinema because it has no ideas.___ Jean-Luc Dodard (1930- )   Good cinema is what we can believe and bad cinema is what we can't believe.___ Abbas Kiarostami (1940-2016)   I like melodrama because it is situated just at the meeting point between life and theater.___ Luchino Visconti (1906-1976)    Art has to be serve. It cannot be commercial. It cannot be for the producer or even for the public. It has to be for oneself.___ rio De Sica (1901-1974)   I am not a pessimist; to perceive evil where it exists is, in my opinion, a form of optimism.___ Roberto Rossellini (1906-1977)   Never say no to an Idea- you never know how that idea will ignite another idea.___Stanley Kubrick (1928-1999)    To make a great film you need three things- the script, the script and the script.___ Alfred Hitchcock (1899-1980)   Always make the audiences suffer as much as possible.___ Alfred Hitchcock (1899-1980)   When I was young, I believed in three things; Marxism, the redemptive power of cinema and dynamite. Now I just believe in Dynamite.___ Sergio Leone (1929-1989)   Movies touch our hearts and awaken our vision and change the way we see things. They take us to another places. They open doors and minds. Movies are the memories of our lifetime. We need to keep them alive.___ Martin Scorsese (1942- )   A director only makes one movie in his life. Then he breaks it into pieces and makes it again.___ Jean Renoir (1894-1979)    An essential element of any art is risk. If you don't take a risk then how are you going to make something really beautiful, that hasn't been seen before?___ Francis Ford Coppola (1939- )
A frame of Bicycle Thieves 91948)_BD Films Info

  •  It is the power of memory that gives rise to the power of imagination.___ Akira Kurosawa (1910-1998) 

  • Cinema's characteristics forte is its ability to capture and communicate the intimacies of the human mind.___ Satyajit Ray (1921-1992)

  • Tagore once said art has to be beautiful. But before that, it has to be truthful.___ Ritwik Ghatak (1925-1976)

  • Civilization never dies, it may change, but it is eternal. Where the paddy field is born on the dry river bed of Titas, there begins another civilization.___ Ritwik Ghatak (1925-1976)

  • The wide screen reminds me of a roll of toilet paper.___ Yasujiro Ozu (1903-1963)

  • My movie is born first in my head, dies on paper; is resuscitated by the living persons and real objects I use, which are killed on film but placed in a certain order and projected on to a screen, come to life again like flowers in water.___ Robert Bresson (1901-1999) 

  • Unlike all the other art forms, film is able to seize and render the passage of time, to stop it, almost to process it in infinity, I'd say that film is the sculpting of time.___ Andrei Tarkovsky (1932-1986)

  • I am living permanently in my dream, from which I make brief forays into reality.___Ingmar Bergman (1918-2007)

  • No form of art goes beyond ordinary consciousness as film does, straight to our emotions, deep into the twilight room of the soul.___ Ingmar Bergman (1918-2007) 

  • I don't like the idea of 'Understanding' a film. I don't believe that rational understanding is an essential element in the reception of any work of art. Either a film has something to say to you or it hasn't. If you are moved by it, you don't need it explained to you. If, not, no explanation can make you moved by it.___ Federico Fellini (1920-1993) 

  • I pity the French cinema because it has no money. I pity the American cinema because it has no ideas.___ Jean-Luc Dodard (1930- )

  • Good cinema is what we can believe and bad cinema is what we can't believe.___ Abbas Kiarostami (1940-2016)

  • I like melodrama because it is situated just at the meeting point between life and theater.___ Luchino Visconti (1906-1976) 

  • Art has to be serve. It cannot be commercial. It cannot be for the producer or even for the public. It has to be for oneself.___ rio De Sica (1901-1974)

  • I am not a pessimist; to perceive evil where it exists is, in my opinion, a form of optimism.___ Roberto Rossellini (1906-1977)

  • Never say no to an Idea- you never know how that idea will ignite another idea.___Stanley Kubrick (1928-1999) 

  • To make a great film you need three things- the script, the script and the script.___ Alfred Hitchcock (1899-1980)

  • Always make the audiences suffer as much as possible.___ Alfred Hitchcock (1899-1980)

  • When I was young, I believed in three things; Marxism, the redemptive power of cinema and dynamite. Now I just believe in Dynamite.___ Sergio Leone (1929-1989)

  • Movies touch our hearts and awaken our vision and change the way we see things. They take us to another places. They open doors and minds. Movies are the memories of our lifetime. We need to keep them alive.___ Martin Scorsese (1942- )

  • A director only makes one movie in his life. Then he breaks it into pieces and makes it again.___ Jean Renoir (1894-1979) 

  • An essential element of any art is risk. If you don't take a risk then how are you going to make something really beautiful, that hasn't been seen before?___ Francis Ford Coppola (1939- ) 

SHARE THIS